Sunday, March 21, 2004

My Weekend

I had a really great weekend. On Friday night we went out to dinner with my friend Chop Suey and her family. I have known Chop since middle school, but had not seen her since one day in November 03 when my family was having dinner at Cafe Express in Uptown and she was sitting across from us. I thought she looked familiar but, not wanting to sound weird, waited till I was really sure. I then asked her "Is your name Chop Suey?" she looked at me and said "my maiden name" then she said my first name. We oo-ed and ahhh-ed and exchanged info.

I have always though it to be weird that I have never EVER bumped into anyone from school, any school. I thought that since I now live in the way north side of town and I went to High School up here I would be bumping into old classmates right and left, but it has not been the case. So, I was extremely surprised when I bumped into Chop Suey.

I must say that it was a bit strange being reunited with someone from so long a go. I was tempted to take my 1985 class yearbook to the dinner, but decided against it. I would not of even used it anyway, the conversation was great and middle school was not even mentioned once.




On Saturday, Matt a friend from Boston was in town. Against my better judgment I let John twist my arm and convince me to go out. My bronchitis is still acting up and I was just planning to see a movie and go to sleep. Anyway, we met Matt and his friends at The Gingerman. Later, we were joined by my sister. It was a good time.




On Sunday I just hung out. Worked on my personal website and put some items for sale on Ebay.

No comments: