Monday, March 08, 2004

A Wonderful Weekend

I had a wonderful weekend. On Saturday we drove to New Braunfels for a friend's baby shower. I just love the hill country, plus the weather was great. After the baby shower we drove to San Antonio and stayed at Plaza San Antonio. It is such a nice hotel. I had never stayed there before. When I go to S.A. I usually stay at either the Marriott Riverwalk or Marriott Rivercenter, why Marriott? you ask, well, mainly because I am an Elite Gold Member and I get a lot of extra perks. The Plaza is also a Marriott hotel but it is more like a resort with a spa, tennis courts and an awesome pool and it is only two blocks from the riverwalk. Anyway, back to my story, that night we had a nice Italian dinner right on the riverwalk, next to the river. That was nice. Did I mention that the weather was awesome??

The next day we got up and headed for the Alamo to take Olivia's 2 1/2 year picture in front of the site. I dunno, it is just a tradition we started. We have a picture of her in front of the Alamo at 6 months, 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 years. Plus, it guarantees that I am going back next year. I just love San Antonio. Oh, yeah, they were also doing a re-enactment in front of the Alamo, so there were tons of people in period clothing. That was fun.



After the Alamo we headed for Sea World. I had never been and it was awesome. I highly recommend it. You can feed the dolphins and the Sea Lions. The Dolphins are just so close to you, so close you can pet them. We also had dinner with Shamu. That was neat. Since the park is owned by Anhouser-Busch I took a beer making class and I am now certified beer maker, plus I got free beer. I think Sea World is well worth the admission and the shows are awesome. Hey, did I mention the weather??

No comments: