Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Oh Martha!!

I was just reading Logical Sara's blog and decided that I needed to give the issue my two cents.

I have never been a Martha Stewart liker, but I think the woman is being treated unfairly. In a time of Enron's she has become a scapegoat. Insider trading has been going on ever since the stock market was invented. I mean, if you had a million shares and knew that tomorrow they would be worth nothing wouldn't you sell?? Everyone would. Martha is just being made an example because she came across as being "perfect" with a multitude of talents. To some she is a "superwoman", she can bake, sew, garden, decorate, cook, paint, well, you get the point (even though behind the scenes there are dozens of people doing the actual job). And wouldn't we, as a tabloid society, love to catch superwoman doing something inappropriate and put her in jail?

Well, I hope she gets to decorate her federal prison cell however she wishes. Maybe she can write a book from jail on how to make cramped spaces look bigger. Good Luck Martha.

No comments: